top of page
Image by Seyi Ariyo

Financial Aid


Paying for your education.

FREE Tax preparation and e-filing services available!

You earned it.  Now claim it!


San Bernardino County Transitional Assistance Department (TAD) is partnering with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide FREE Tax Preparation and e-filing services for low to moderate-income taxpayers throughout the county.


The free service is available to all eligible taxpayers, including San Bernardino County employees and their friends and family!


Check their website to see if you may qualify! Federal and California state returns are prepared and e-filed by IRS certified tax preparers. There are day and evening appointments Monday through Friday, as well as some Saturday appointments available.  


For more information or to schedule your appointment at their various County locations, please visit:


or call (909) 252-4903 / (760) 552-6175. 

*Bilingual services are also available

Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Fontana, Rialto, Upland, and Chino


10722 Arrow Route

Suite #516

Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Office: 909-481-0270

Exterior of a Building
Dollar Bill in Jar

What is Financial Aid?

Financial Aid is money for college.  It includes any type of monetary assistance received by a student for a college education. This assistance can be in the form of scholarships, grants, work, tuition waivers, loans, and family contributions.


A financial aid award is usually a combination of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study.  Financial aid is awarded depending on the level of financial need to complete an education program. Scholarships may

be based on grade point average and other factors.


Financial aid is a partnership between a student and the college that acts as a flow-through for the funds provided to you.  If you receive financial aid, it is expected that you will enroll full-time in the courses needed to complete your chosen major.

Financial Aid Resources

Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - You must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal student financial aid and to apply for most state and college aid.  Applying online with FAFSA on the WEB at is faster and easier than using a paper FAFSA.


To get a free application for Federal Student Aid from go to the financial aid office at the school that you want to attend.  You may also call 800-433-3243 or go to


VFW- Voice of Democracy 


Amount: Up to $30,000


Elks National Foundation 


Amount: Up to $15,000

Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship 


Amount: $15,000 per year


Optimist Club International 


Amount: Up to $2,500


National Federation of Republican Women


Amount: Varies


American Society of Landscape Architects 


Amount: $4,000- Two Scholarships


American Society of Professional Estimators


Amount: TBD


California Land Surveyors Associations 


Amount: Varies



National Association of Women Business Owners


Amount: $500


Leukemia and Lymphoma Society


Amount: $1,000 per year


Public Relations Society of America


Amount: Up to $5,000


Sharps Compliance Inc.


Amount: Up to $1,500


California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth

Free money for foster youth for college or career training

Click to open:

Virtual Team Meeting
Image by Viacheslav Bublyk
Los Angeles

State Level College Grants

Funded by the State of California and administered by the California Student Aid Commission, Cal Grants are one of the smartest ways to get cash for college. For starters, it's money you don't have to pay back. And secondly, it's guaranteed.

For more information on California Financial Aid go to

bottom of page